The Art of Awareness
A 3- or 5-Day Workshop with Sahajananda
September 6-8/10, 2021
Presented in English
Uncovering Your True Nature
Diving into the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra
This practical workshop presents a multitude of practical methods for uncovering your True Nature. It is a fascinating invitation to explore new contemplative attitudes recommended by the non-dual Tantric tradition. The methods involved flow almost naturally from the very intuition of the Spiritual Heart.
Sahajananda will present an intriguing array of practices and explain how they can be applied in different circumstances, demonstrating the potential for life to blend joyful mystical celebration and silent Self-Enquiry.
This workshop provides a broader understanding of what the spiritual path is and how it can be walked in countless situations encountered in everyday life. It is a natural companion to the Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat as it involves bringing daily life into spirituality.
The most fascinating aspect of this workshop is its commentary on aphorisms from the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra.
What is the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra?
The Vijnana Bhairava is a remarkable Tantric text that shows how everything, from the most common daily experience to the most sublime contemplation, can be employed in the revelation of the Consciousness of Oneness.
The text’s single topic is reclaiming this primordial unity. These ancient, highly esteemed teachings can be easily applied to reveal our True Nature and support our blossoming in Freedom and Love.
A booklet containing a complete translation of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra will be provided.
The workshop is offered over 3 or 5 days. During the workshop, 3-day registrants are welcome to extend for the full five days. Please see below for the additional practices that will be explored on days 4-5.
“Between energy and the holder of energy there is no differentiation at all to be found.”
On a background of awareness, spontaneity, and joy, this workshop invites you to experience many practices, including:
- The visualization and arousal of kundalini shakti
- Micro-practices (moments of intense awareness and energy)
- 5 kinds of breath awareness and their relation to the void
- Sufi whirling
- The celebration of the abundance of energy and also the lack of energy
- Falling in Love with pure Light and with Darkness
- The Yoga of Sleep
- Coming to the very origin of a desire
- Discovering the center between two thoughts, perceptions, etc.
The Workshop Will Also Include:
- Commentaries on aphorisms from the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra
- Explanations of the three fundamental paths (Upayas) in Kashmir Shaivism
- Examples of the techniques as depicted in film
The Last 2 Days of the 5-Day Workshop Include:
- The further study of many other methods from Vijnana Bhairava Tantra as well as new ways to deepen, refine and stabilize the Self-Awareness.
- The Wheel of the Twelve Kalis, a highly esoteric Tantric approach (named the Krama System) of unfolding gradually, in twelve steps, the unity between the outer and inner world. The study of each Kali will illustrate the spiritual meaning of any quanta of the process of perception and self-knowledge. Through this internalized form of Kali worship, the twelve facets of Her are envisioned as natural phases of time and Self-consciousness. This represents also a radical way of purifying the subconscious mind.
- Bhavana (The Sheer Spiritual Impetus), the Tantric method of supramental imagination that unifies the rational and mystic cognition.
A supplementary booklet containing a description of The Wheel of the 12 Kalis will be provided.
This workshop is an approved continuing education training for Yoga Alliance teachers.
Monday – Wednesday/Friday
|9:00-12:30||Teachings and practice|
|14:30-16:30||Teachings and practice|
|17:00-19:00||Teachings and practice|
|20:00-22:00||Time for personal contemplation|
|22:00||Mauna (noble silence)|
Pricing and Registration
Click Pricing and Reservations for pricing information and to reserve a spot in this workshop.
|Dates||Program||Teacher||Pricing and Reservations|
|September 5 - 9, 2021||The Art of Awareness 3-Day Workshop||Sahajananda||Pricing and Reservations|
|September 5 - 11, 2021||The Art of Awareness 5-Day Workshop||Sahajananda||Pricing and Reservations|
NOTE: This workshop will only take place with a minimum of 4 participants. You may reserve a spot via the Pricing and Reservations link above, but please do not make travel arrangements until we have contacted you to confirm that it will go ahead. We will confirm no later than 2 weeks before the start of the course.
This workshop is presented in English.
Please note that the dates listed immediately above are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the afternoon before departure. If you would like to extend your stay to include the final night of the workshop, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in is available at 14:00 on the date of arrival.
Hridaya Yoga France is a non-profit organization and we believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If the prices still exceed your budget, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship. We will happily consider your request and try to find a way to support you.
This workshop will be held at Chateau de Longeval, a beautiful property nestled in the Beaujolais countryside.
This workshop is open to all.