An Individual Silent Meditation Retreat
Moving beyond Duality
Experiencing the Grace of Solitude
A deep appreciation for silence has inspired us to offer a space for those experienced lovers of meditation who feel a longing for solitude. If you have participated in silent meditation retreats (whether in the Hridaya, Vipassana, or Buddhist traditions) and have a regular meditation practice, we invite you to join us in Longeval for a Solitary Retreat. Spend 1-3 weeks in solitude (or however long your heart desires) while having your needs cared for by our devoted staff. You’ll be able to dive deep into your practice while staying in comfortable accommodations, eating delicious vegetarian meals, and benefiting from the support of experienced teachers.
Winter is an ideal time to embrace solitude and enter seclusion. The peaceful atmosphere of Domaine de Longeval is the perfect nest to foster this inner journey. To support you during the Solitary Retreat, you’ll have the guidance of one or two dedicated Hridaya Yoga teachers. They will meet with you prior to the beginning of your retreat to answer any questions and offer advice for your time in solitude. Additionally, twice per week you will be able to communicate with them in writing to ask questions about your practice, request advice, and share any challenges that may arise. Finally, should you choose, you may send one note per week to our founder, experienced meditation teacher Sahajananda. Whether he is on-site or not, he will respond with a personal message tailored to your experience.
Note that you are welcome to begin with a 1-week retreat and then extend your stay for as long as you feel inspired.
“What exists in truth is the Self alone. The Self is that where there is absolutely no ‘I’ thought. That is called Silence. The Self itself is the world; the Self itself is ‘I’; the Self itself is God.”
Pricing and Registration
To support a harmonious experience, admission to this retreat is by application. Please apply via the links below. (Note that the prices listed do not include meals or VAT.)
|January 7 - 14, 2019||1-Week Solitary Retreat|| |
|January 7 - 21, 2019||2-Week Solitary Retreat|| |
|January 7 - 28, 2019||3-Week Solitary Retreat|| |
|February 10 - 17, 2019||1-Week Solitary Retreat|| |
|February 10 - 24, 2019||2-Week Solitary Retreat|| |
|February 10 - March 3, 2019||3-Week Solitary Retreat|| |
- This program is open to both English and French speakers.
- If you have questions about any aspect of this retreat or would like to join us on different dates than those listed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The prices listed above do not include VAT. 10-20% tax will be added to all items at checkout. Read more.
- The prices listed above do not include meals. We offer affordable dining plans that allow you to enjoy 1, 2, or 3 homemade meals each day.
- The application for this program asks you to share your meditation retreat experience as well as what inspires you to participate in a Solitary Retreat at this time. Hridaya teachers will thoughtfully review your application. If accepted for the retreat, you will be sent a link to register.
- Check-in is available from 14:00 on arrival day. Please plan to allow enough time to get settled in your accommodation before the Orientation Session that will be held at 17:00.
- Please read the Payment and Refund Guidelines before booking.
- Hridaya Yoga France is a non-profit organization and we believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If the prices still exceed your budget, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship. We will happily consider your request and try to find a way to support you.
This retreat will be held at Domaine de Longeval, a beautiful property nestled in the Beaujolais countryside.
This program is designed especially for experienced meditators. Admission is by application.