Personalized Alignment & Fascia Intensive:
May 23-28, 2021
Foundational Training for Yoga Teachers,
Advanced Practitioners, & Health Professionals
with Anneke Louise and Ann-Sophie Briest
Presented in English
Bring Your Skills to a New Level
Use the Physical Body as a Gateway to the Deeper Layers of the Being
This unique Yoga Alliance approved (50+-hour) program—which is the first six days of the full Immersion program—will open the door into a fascinating, effective, and truly integrative area of yoga training.
Over six days, we start our explorations of applied physiology and the functional anatomy of yoga movement. We will have in-depth asana explorations, learning about the correct alignment, adapted to each specific body type.
We will also extensively explore the concept of fascia as the body’s largest sensory organ and its importance in functional movement.
Join this integrative training and dive deep into:
- Fascia, tensegrity and its bodily equivalent: the “fascia line system”
- The mechanics of contraction
- Fascia & our emotional body
- In-depth and personalized asana explorations
- Understanding restriction & subsequent compensation
- Safe movement & intentional lines
- The usage of props, individualized variations, and alignment
- Understanding pain in Yoga
- Unique approaches to mindfulness training supporting awareness across the different yogic bodies
The acquired skills will enable you to bring a strongly individualized touch to your classes. You will be able to support your students with impairments of the fascia and posture.
By knowing how props, and small adaptations can be incorporated, you will be able to find the safest and most beneficial way for each person to practice yoga thus overall improving their ability to move smartly and safely.
Whatever your background, this course will also lead you on a profound journey into yourself—greatly increasing your self-acceptance, self-knowledge and mindfulness—by using the physical body as a gateway. For more information, please click here.
NB: please note that this course does not include instruction in diagnosis or treatment of a physical or mental health condition.
“Healthy plants and trees yield abundant flowers and fruits. Similarly, from a healthy person, smiles and happiness shine forth like rays of the sun.”
|9:00-12:30||Lecture, Fascia Intensive class, group exploration|
|13:00-14:30||Break: time to rest and continue group exercises/homework|
|15:00-19:00||Lecture, Fascia Intensive class, group exploration|
Anneke is an enthusiast of life, connectivity, and that which drives humans to evolve and aspire.
This motivated her to pursue an international career in sustainable business and talent development, and this also fueled her passion for yoga.
First, as a fervent practitioner and student, and later, as a teacher, she experienced the deep healing power of yoga on many occasions. Until, finally, her passion got the better of her and from this, Samarasa Healing was born.
As a yoga and meditation practitioner, a Hridaya Yoga teacher (HTTC 2015), and a certified Yoga Therapist, Anneke now offers workshops and teacher trainings internationally.
It has always been Ann-Sophie’s enthusiasm to bridge the modern, scientific knowledge of the West with the ancient, experiential wisdom of the East.
Being a medical doctor herself as well as a yoga therapist (C-IAYT), a yoga teacher (RYS-500), and a yoga practitioner (ten years’ experience), her expertise lies in the field of therapy.
She understands that health refers to all levels of our being—as such her teachings and treatments reflect a purely integrative approach.
On a personal level, her own sense of being “healthy and alive” is enhanced by being in the company of loving friends and family, spending time in nature, and regular meditation practices.
Pricing and Registration
Admission to this program is by application. Please click the link below to pay the program deposit and begin the application process.
|May 22 - 29, 2021||Personalized Alignment & Fascia Intensive||Anneke Louise and Ann-Sophie Briest||Apply Now|
- An administrative deposit of €250 is required when submitting an application for this program. This deposit is non-refundable except in the event that you are not accepted into either program.
- The full tuition for the Fascia Intensive is €750.
- Upon acceptance to this program, you will be sent a booking link with complete pricing information and options for food and accommodation. As a guide in the meantime, accommodation costs range from €13 per night for a dorm room through to €66 per night for a double en suite room. A full meal plan (three meals a day including dinner on day of arrival through to breakfast on the day of departure) costs €20 per day with individual meal plan options also available. All prices are inclusive of tax.
- This course is presented in English.
- For reference, please see our current on-site Covid-19 measures here.
- The dates listed are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the evening before departure. Check-in is available from 14:00 on arrival day.
This workshop will be held at Domaine de Longeval, a beautiful property nestled in the Beaujolais countryside.
- Graduation from a 200-hour (or more) Yoga Alliance-registered teacher training course and/or a university degree (or equivalent) in a medical or healing profession.
- At least one year of personal practice (and teaching experience).
- Having experienced at least three classes each in the following yoga styles: Hatha, Iyengar, Restorative, Yin, Ashtanga, and Vinyasa.
If you are a yoga enthusiast with a strong practice (but not yet a teaching certificate) and have an interest in the field of yoga therapy, you are welcome and we’d love to get to know you.