Getting to Longeval
Hridaya Yoga France’s home is located in Domaine de Longeval near St Just d’Avray, just one hour away from the center of Lyon. You can easily reach Lyon by plane, train or bus. Please see below for more details for each transport option including travelling directly to our center with your own vehicle.
Please note that we strongly encourage everyone to arrive, for the silent meditation retreats, by 17:00 for the château tour and orientation session (for those travelling by public transport, the 17:16 arrival at Chambost-Allières is acceptable also) and by 18:00 for most of the other programs (please check the individual program’s schedule and/or your registration email for start times).
For all program participants/students a pre-arrival email (which includes a link to a form requesting arrival information to help organize any pick-ups etc) will be sent out usually five days before the program start date.
If you travel by road, motorway links provide access to all major European cities. Using Google Maps, please click here for the exact location of Hridaya Yoga France where you can then enter your starting point to receive directions to our center.
We encourage ridesharing! If you are coming to Longeval by car and can offer a ride to others or if you would like to find someone who can offer you a lift, please register on this schedule.
From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport: Book a fast train (TGV) to Lyon Part-Dieu station (2 hours). To reach Domaine de Longeval from here, please see the transport options below.
From Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport: This international airport is located 74 km southeast of Longeval. It offers direct connections to all major European hubs, plus North America and North Africa. To reach Domaine de Longeval from here, please see the transport options below.
Lyon has two main train stations, Lyon Part-Dieu and Lyon Perrache, both of which have trains arriving from within France and from major European cities.
Please see below for information regarding onward travel options from these two train stations to Domaine de Longeval.
Big bus companies (Euroline, Megabus, Flixbus etc.) link Lyon to Paris and other major European cities (Torino, Barcelona, Geneva, Zurich, Frankfurt, etc.).
Buses usually arrive at Lyon Perrache or Lyon Part-Dieu train stations. From these stations, you can get a combination of train and bus to get to Domaine de Longeval (see below).
Onward Travel to Longeval
On arrival at Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport or Lyon Part-Dieu/Perrache Train Stations, there are three initial options for onward travel to Domaine de Longeval:
By taxi: We can organize a taxi for you which, depending on timings, may be shared with other participants and will pick you up at the airport or either of the train stations. The cost will depend on the number of participants sharing the ride. To sign up for this service, please add your name and details on this schedule.
By carpooling: You are welcome to add your name and details to request and offer lifts on this schedule.
By public transport: click below for more details.
Public Transport Options on arrival at Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport
There are two options for getting from the airport to Lyon-Part Dieu train station (for onward travel to Longeval):
- Take the RhoneExpress tram (information concerning the prices and schedule can be found here). It will take 30 mins, and costs around 15€. You can buy your tickets online or on the tram itself. You will arrive directly at Lyon Part-Dieu.
- If you have the time and prefer a cheaper option, you can take bus number TCL 47 (schedule here) to Meyzieu ZI. It will cost you around 2€ and takes about 30mins. Then you can take Tram T3 and exit at Lyon Part-Dieu (about 20 mins, cost around 2€).
Public Transport Options on arrival at Lyon Part-Dieu or Perrache Train Stations
Lyon has two main train stations, Lyon Part-Dieu and Lyon Perrache. Both of them have train/bus connections to Chambost-Allières, a village near Longeval and, for certain direct trains, Chamelet which is a little further away.
For reference, you can access the complete bus/train schedule here – note that this timetable does not start until the 12th July 2020. Until then, temporary timetables are being published on a daily basis on this page. Please choose Line(Ligne) 20 to access the relevant timetable. You can buy your ticket in advance at trainline.com or oui.sncf. We also recommend the site (and related app) Citymapper as a useful tool for inner-city travel within Lyon and beyond.
(Note, that if you need to travel for any reason between the two Lyon train stations, you can take Tram T1 from Lyon Part-Dieu to Lyon Perrache and vice-versa and costs around 2€ – 10/15min).
- At either station, buy either a combined train/bus ticket to Chambost-Allières (approximately €12) or, for a similar fee, a direct train ticket to Chamelet (this latter option applies to most evening trains from 17:00 onwards during the working week).
- For Yoga Module 1&2 students in particular, please note that there is a reduced service at weekends. The last service on Saturday (Module 1&2 arrival day) that will reach either Chambost-Allières or Chamelet is the combined train/bus from Lyon Perrache at 15:57 or Lyon Part-Dieu at 16:08 arriving in Chambost-Allières at 17:16.
- For Chambost-Allières bus arrivals, first board the train to Lozanne (the train’s final destination is Roanne, so look for this on the departure boards). Exit the train at Lozanne and the bus will be waiting for you directly outside the train station. The bus will then drop you off in the village of Chambost-Allières, about 3km away from our center.
- For Chamelet train arrivals, stay on the train you boarded in Lyon all the way to Chamelet – do not depart at Lozanne. Chamelet is about 4km away from our center.
- You can also walk from Chambost-Allières to Longeval in about 35 minutes via local roads and then forest paths (see map below). However, if you decide to do this please be sure you have a good sense of direction.
- We offer a shuttle service for €3 from the bus stop in Chambost-Allières or the train station in Chamelet, coordinated with the TER schedule (valid from 12th July – see above for more details). We will send you a pre-arrival email five days before your arrival that will include a link to an Arrival Information Form whereby you can book a shuttle.