The Heart of Compassion
A 3-Day Workshop Exploring What It Means to Live from a Place of Love, Trust, and Freedom
with Gesine Leicht and Xavier Lequarré
July 9–11, 2021
Presented in English
Compassion Isn’t Just a Word. It’s a Way of Life.
Compassion isn’t reserved for monks or spiritual seekers. Compassion is the expression of your True Nature. It is love in action.
Why meditate? Why do Self-Inquiry? Why read sacred texts if not to offer your insights to the world? Compassion is the embodiment of the spiritual journey in daily life.
Mother Teresa said that a loving smile is sometimes more meaningful than a long conversation.
One of Buddha’s primary recommendations was to contemplate how much you can love and how gently you live your life.
At a time when the basic structure of society is shifting, and you may face manipulation, abuses of power, lies, and controlling behavior, how can you be compassionate? How can you live with an Open Heart no matter what?
Over these three days with Gesine and Xavier, you’ll learn how to approach compassion first towards yourself and discover that you naturally become soft and more open when grounded in your peaceful center. From this space, you can authentically act in a supportive way for the benefit of all beings.
You may have the longing to become more compassionate but often find yourself struggling as soon as challenging emotions or situations arise. In this workshop, you’ll explore new tools to deepen your understanding of the bigger picture and concretely apply it in daily life.
Some of these tools are Hatha Yoga to open the heart, meditations on compassion from the Buddhist tradition, Non-Violent Communication, visualizations, practical exercises, rituals, and much more.
If you feel called to gift yourself and your surroundings with compassion and share time with like-minded people that seek to live with an Open Heart, this weekend is for you!
“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”
–His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Join Us and Explore:
- Compassion: From intention to action
- What compassion is for you
- How to cultivate compassion in relationships (intimate and familial)
- How to communicate authentically and with love
- The balance between selflessness and self-care
- How to use suffering as fuel for true compassion
- Compassion as a practice: Metta prayers and Self-reflection
- A ritual for Tara, the goddess of compassion
- Hridaya Meditation
- Heart-opening Hridaya Hatha Yoga
Pricing and Reservations
Click Pricing and Reservations for pricing information and to reserve your spot in this workshop.
|Dates||Workshop||Teachers||Pricing and Reservations|
|July 8 - 12, 2021||Heart of Compassion Workshop||Gesine Leicht and Xavier Lequarré||Pricing and Reservations|
- This workshop is presented in English at our center in Longeval.
- The workshop will only take place with a minimum of 5 participants. You may reserve a spot via the Pricing and Reservations link above, but please do not make travel arrangements until we have contacted you to confirm that it will go ahead. We will confirm no later than 2 weeks before the start of the course.
- This workshop is open to all. No previous experience in yoga or meditation is required.
- Please read our Payment and Refund Guidelines before booking.
- For reference, please see our on-site Covid-19 measures here.
- The dates listed directly above are for accommodation. The workshop begins the morning after arrival and ends the evening before departure. Check-in is available from 14:00 on the date of arrival.