Hridaya Yoga Retreat:
Refining the Practice
Expanding the Capacity to Witness
Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 3 offers graduates of Module 2 tools to deepen the awareness of the subtle bodies, quiet the mind, and expand the capacity to witness sensations, emotions, and thoughts. The teachings are mainly based on traditional Hatha Yoga texts such as the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the Gheranda Samhita, and the Shiva Samhita.
Module 3 includes 10 days of instruction. Each day includes a 4-hour Hatha Yoga class that includes a lecture. A weekly discussion group and the practice of group tapas round out the program.
In addition to the introduction of new asanas and pranayama techniques, a highlight of Module 3 is the thorough exploration of the bandhas, special yogic “locks” that redirect the flow of subtle energy. Furthermore, the practice of agnisara dhauti, a very powerful technique that purifies the body and subtle structures and induces the awareness of the subconscious mind, kindles a profound appreciation for the transformative nature of yoga.
Perhaps most importantly, Module 3 allows students the opportunity to immerse themselves in practice while supported by a vibrant, Heart-centered community.
“Module 3—Wow! The techniques just get more powerful. I felt the purification at many levels. I finished feeling renewed and excited to go even deeper!”
Module 3 is a comprehensive program that offers 10 days of instruction in fundamental yoga and meditation techniques. Group discussions, personal support from teachers, and the opportunity to immerse yourself in a yogic community all assist you in going deeper in your practice.
A typical day includes:
- 1 hour of meditation (optional)
- A 4-hour theory and practice session (lecture, asanas, pranayama, mental concentration, and meditation)
- Time for personal practice and Karma Yoga
- Deep Hatha Yoga sessions that feature a comprehensive explanation of additional asanas, pranayamas, and mental concentration techniques
- A variety of methods to amplify mental power and induce clarity, including trataka, ocular convergence, and mudras
- An explanation of the 5 States of Mind according to Classical Yoga
- A thorough introduction to the role and significance of the bandhas, including mula bandha and jalandhara bandha
- Agnisara dhauti, a very powerful practice that supports purification and the awareness of the subconscious mind
|8:15-12:15||Hatha Yoga and teachings|
|15:00-19:00||Personal practice or Karma Yoga|
|20:00-22:00||Free time or optional activities|
|22:00||Mauna (noble silence)|
Pricing and Registration
Click Pricing and Registration for a list of prices and types of accommodation available for the dates you are interested in.
|Dates||Pricing and Registration|
|February 21 - March 4, 2019||Pricing and Registration|
|July 5 - 16, 2019||Pricing and Registration|
|August 15 - 26, 2019||Pricing and Registration|
|October 31 - November 11, 2019||Pricing and Registration|
Note that this course is presented in English. Please read the Payment and Refund Guidelines before booking.
Please note that the dates listed above are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the evening before departure. Check-in is available at 14:00 on the date of arrival.
Hridaya Yoga France is a non-profit organization and we believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If the prices still exceed your budget, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship. We will happily consider your request and try to find a way to support you.
Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 3 will be held at Domaine de Longeval, a beautiful property in the Beaujolais countryside.
Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 3 is open to all graduates of Module 2.
- To graduate from Module 3, you must complete 8 of the 10 days of the course.
- Graduating from Module 3 will enable you to continue with the higher modules.
- Once you have completed Module 3, you can repeat it by donation at any time here in France or at the Hridaya Yoga Center in Mazunte, Mexico (the course is the same in both locations).