Experience the Joy of Selfless Service
Serve at Hridaya Yoga France
Working with Meditative Awareness and Love
Offering from the Heart
Serving at Hridaya Yoga France is a wonderful opportunity to integrate daily life into spirituality and to practice selfless service in a supportive and nurturing environment. As Domaine de Longeval is a vibrant, busy place, we have a wide range of positions requiring a variety of skills and temperaments.
We seek to create a professional environment that reflects the Hridaya Yoga Attitudes and Community Vision, with an emphasis on seeing our work as an essential aspect of our practice. As such, we look for people who have a commitment to their own spiritual evolution and a sincere desire to serve. Whether you work on the website, help in the gardens, or change the sheets, you know that your efforts are in service to the goal of introducing more people to the Hridaya teachings and supporting them on the path of the Spiritual Heart.
Serving at Hridaya Yoga France is an opportunity to step out of yourself and into the flow of Divine Grace.
Hridaya Yoga France Construction Coordinator and Team Leader
PURPOSE: In this position, you support Hridaya Yoga France’s non-profit mission to share spiritual teachings based on the principles of the Spiritual Heart by directing and organizing the administrative activities needed to fulfill the vision and goals of the Hridaya Yoga Board of Directors, as well as coordinating the renovations and maintenance of the buildings. Hridaya is growing fast and is looking for a mindful, innovative, experienced coordinator to support the next stage of our development and work closely together and under the supervision of the board and general coordinator. Though it is a paid position, the coordinator performs the job in the spirit of Karma Yoga, selfless service for the benefit of others.
JOB SUMMARY: Working with the guidance of the members of the Hridaya Yoga Board of Directors and the general coordinator, in this position you help in overviewing the operational side of the organization and assist the general coordinator where needed. Further, you make the planning and organization for the renovation team while working along side the team. This requieres basic experience in maintenance and skills in organization and leading a team. Leading in a manner that is coherent with the Hridaya Yoga Attitudes and Community Vision is essential.
- Strategic Planning
- Organization and leading of the renovation team in various maintenance and construction projects, in an ERP.
- Awareness of French regulations regarding construction, renovations and permits
- Supporting the Karma Yogi coordinator
- Financial Planning and Oversight
- Assisting the general coordinator where needed
- Strong commitment to Hridaya Yoga’s mission and vision
- Meditation and yoga practitioner (required), Hridaya Yoga experience (highly desirable)
- Minimum of 1 year of management experience, preferably in a spiritual community or non-profit organization
- Ability to make a 1-year minimum commitment to the position
- Experience in renovation and/or construction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and proficiency in French (required); a thoughtful, inspiring communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Solid budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting.
- Proven organizational abilities with the skills to engage and inspire staff, manage and support efficient work teams, and create efficient systems for the smooth overall functioning of the organization
- Strong analytical, problem solving, time management, and project management skills
- A spirit of service, the ability to step up and perform whatever task is necessary for the good of the whole
- Aspiration, the commitment to personal practice and spiritual transformation
- The desire to be a key member of a fast-growing spiritual community and the commitment to bringing all activities of daily life into the practice of living with an Open Heart
WORK HOURS AND BENEFITS:
This position is more of a calling than a job—the right person has an inner motivation to serve in whatever ways best support the development of the Hridaya Yoga Community and spread the teachings of the Spiritual Heart to as many people as possible. As such, you can expect to work full-time and will be open to serving additional hours to support special events or when the need arises. Although we seek to provide a harmonious and consistent work environment, you are as much as possible on-call and may occasionally step in to help in case of emergency.
We offer a salary that is aligned with the values of a spiritual center.
Our excellent benefits package includes:
- Full vegetarian meal plan at the center and the possibility to stay for free in a private room at the Center
- Paid time off to participate in three 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreats per year
- Free enrollment in the Hridaya Yoga Modules (attendance may be flexible and must be coordinated around the administrative workload)
- In addition, serving a noble purpose and living in the presence of those who share the same spiritual values and have similar aspirations for Truth and Awareness is an ineffable, unforgettable gift
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or apply below.