Yoga Therapy Immersion
August 23-September 11, 2021
3-Week Course on Yoga and Western Medicine Integration
for Yoga Teachers, Advanced Practitioners, & Health Professionals
Gain Confidence in Your Guidance
Use Holistic Techniques to Create Deeper Connections
This extensive 3-week (160+hour) program allows you to truly step into the fascinating, effective, and truly integrative field of yoga therapy.
You will learn methods bridging modern, scientific knowledge of the West with ancient, experiential wisdom of the East, giving you tools to connect on a deeper level with your students.
Taught by Ann-Sophie Briest, a medical doctor as well as a yoga therapist (C-IAYT) and yoga teacher (RYS-500) and Anneke Louise, a yoga and meditation teacher and certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT), you will grow your confidence as a teacher and/or practitioner by gaining knowledge in one-on-one physiognomic and holistic therapy.
Join this integrative yoga therapy training and dive deep into:
- The concept of fascia as the body’s largest sensory organ
- Tensegrity and its bodily equivalent: the “fascia line system”
- Myofascial release and trauma-sensitive practice
- The relevance and application of safety
- The art of relaxation
- Pain in its acute and chronic forms
- Systematic body reading and thorough postural analysis
- Breath work and the relevance of the autonomic nervous system
- Mindfulness training
- Therapist formation
- Meditation practices supporting awareness across the yogic five bodies
The course will lead you on a profound journey into yourself—greatly increasing your self-acceptance, self-knowledge, and mindfulness—by using the physical body as a gateway.
Whether you are a healthcare professional, a yoga teacher, or an advanced practitioner this course will profoundly inspire you and your practice.
For more information, please click here.
For the 1-Week Personalized Alignment & Fascia Intensive option, please click here.
“Healthy plants and trees yield abundant flowers and fruits. Similarly, from a healthy person, smiles and happiness shine forth like rays of the sun.”
*Please note that Sunday, August 29th and Sunday, September 5th are days off.
|9:00-12:30||Lecture, Yoga Therapy class, group exploration|
|13:00-14:30||Break: time to rest and continue group exercises/homework|
|15:00-19:00||Lecture, Yoga Therapy class, group exploration|
Anneke is an enthusiast of life, connectivity, and that which drives humans to evolve and aspire.
This motivated her to pursue an international career in sustainable business and talent development, and this also fueled her passion for yoga.
First, as a fervent practitioner and student, and later, as a teacher, she experienced the deep healing power of yoga on many occasions. Until, finally, her passion got the better of her and from this, Samarasa Healing was born.
As a yoga and meditation practitioner, a Hridaya Yoga teacher (HTTC 2015), and a certified Yoga Therapist, Anneke now offers workshops and teacher trainings internationally.
It has always been Ann-Sophie’s enthusiasm to bridge the modern, scientific knowledge of the West with the ancient, experiential wisdom of the East.
Being a medical doctor herself as well as a yoga therapist (C-IAYT), a yoga teacher (RYS-500), and a yoga practitioner (ten years’ experience), her expertise lies in the field of therapy.
She understands that health refers to all levels of our being—as such her teachings and treatments reflect a purely integrative approach.
On a personal level, her own sense of being “healthy and alive” is enhanced by being in the company of loving friends and family, spending time in nature, and regular meditation practices.
Pricing and Registration
Admission to this program is by application. Please click the link below to pay the program deposit and begin the application process.
|August 22 - September 12, 2021||Yoga Therapy Immersion||Anneke Louise and Ann-Sophie Briest||Apply Now|
- An administrative deposit of €250 is required when submitting an application for this program. This deposit is non-refundable except in the event that you are not accepted into the program. If you cancel for Covid-19 related reasons and the program still runs, then you will be invited to postpone until the next arranged date.
- The full tuition price (including the admin deposit) of the Yoga Therapy Immersion is €1,800.
- Upon acceptance to the program, you will be sent a booking link with complete pricing information and options for food and accommodation. As a guide in the meantime, accommodation costs range from €13 per night for a dorm room through to €66 per night for a double en suite room. A full meal plan (three meals a day including dinner on day of arrival through to breakfast on the day of departure) costs €20 per day with individual meal plan options also available. All prices are inclusive of tax.
- This course is presented in English.
- For reference, please see our current on-site Covid-19 measures here.
- The dates listed are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the evening before departure. Check-in is available from 14:00 on arrival day.
This workshop will be held at Domaine de Longeval, a beautiful property nestled in the Beaujolais countryside.
- Graduation from a 200-hour (or more) Yoga Alliance-registered teacher training course and/or a university degree (or equivalent) in a medical or healing profession.
- At least one year of personal practice (and teaching experience).
- Having experienced at least three classes each in the following yoga styles: Hatha, Iyengar, Restorative, Yin, Ashtanga, and Vinyasa.
If you are a yoga enthusiast with a strong practice (but not yet a teaching certificate) and have an interest in the field of yoga therapy, you are welcome and we’d love to get to know you.